My mom's best friend is in love with her?

My mom doesn't have many friends but her best friend is a woman that she works with. Her best friend is a lesbian who is married and my mom is straight and separated from my father. They have been friends for years and this past summer, when we were all on vacation together, my mom's friend (possibly drunkenly) told me that she's in love with my mom. Of course she asked me not to tell her. This information shook me to my core and why she felt is was appropriate to tell me is beyond me. The issue isn't homophobia, I myself am part of the LGBT community but the situation is tearing me apart. Every sexual joke and innuendo she makes about my mom has a whole different meaning to me now. She just dropped this bomb on me and expected me to be okay with it and I'm not. Am I overreacting? Does anyone have any advice on what I should do? 

- I know for a fact my mom does not like her in that way - 

It's whatever.

If her only friends are from the straight world, then something like that  might happen. 

• reme_1

You might want to repeat the fact that your mother is straight.

The fact the the woman is married to her partner makes this even worse.

You also might want to mention to your mother that the lady has feelings for her and she needs to make it clear that they are FRIENDS only.

Your heart wants what the heart wants. And we lesbians have a knack for falling for straight women. WHY?????? Our gaydar is not working!!

Hope every thing works out for the best. HUGS from a SENIOR lesbian

It's completely wrong she told you. She is inappropriate and has issues. I don't think you should do anything. There's no point.