Can someone help me ?

I am a very slow reader so can someone who has read the last crossing tell me about the book like tell me what happens in each chapter I have a final on the book in 5 days and I don't think ill finish the book on time so can some PLEASE help me out 

THE BOOK IS CALLED " The Last Crossing" 

Tell me what happens in chapter 1 ,2 ,3 ,4, 5 and so on all the way to chapter 30 PLEASE and THANK YOU

Get a reading tutor to help improve your reading skills and start reading a book on time so you can do your own homework. Some lessons have to be learned the hard way. Let this bad grade be a lesson to you.

I'm with Anonymous and Zac Z, Shay. Even a very slow reader should have started a book of over 400 pages far earlier than five days before the exam. Clearly you haven't even begun.

This is a lesson that may be hard to accept, but it's better to get a bad grade on a book you didn't read than to be fired when you have rent and a car payment due.

When you're given an assignment, you do it, whether it's hard or not, whether you've got a lot of other stuff going on or now. Learning to manage your time and to complete tasks you'd rather not do at all is a vital thing to master.

This late in the game, I urge you to read the first five chapters, then start skipping around, jotting notes when you finish each chapter. You may get enough feel for it to pass an exam if you seriously buckle down. Stay off the internet, no texting, no anything in your free time except reading this book.

(I hear it's actually good, so try to enjoy it.)

• Zac Z

Do you want fries with that?

Seriously, you are asking for chapter summaries of 30 chapters of a 400+ pages book*!

Even for someone who just read the book this would be quite some work.

Are you seriously expecting someone here to do this?

If you are a slow reader you must have known this at the beginning of your assignment. You should have started as early as possible - and have made notes as you read along. No matter how slow you read, you should definitively NOT need summaries of the first few chapters if you read them yourself!

And if you haven't even started the book, frankly, my level of sympathy is even lower.

Part of going to school, college, whatever, is learning to manage time and work load.

Suck it up, do your book report as best you can, even if it's only for half the book. Be honest with your teacher.

Yes, you will get a bad grade. Deservedly so. But it will not be the end of the world because your school or college career will not hinge on this one book report. (And if it does, that would have been one more reason to start early.)

Learn from this experience, set your priorities differently in the future and start similar projects earlier, much earlier.

Your situation sucks. But that's life.

Your not the first student to have messed up and you will not be the last.

Be glad that this happens in school where the experience is probably embarrassing but doesn't have drastic consequences. Like I said, learn from your experience in order to avoid this situation in the future. If this happens during a job, the consequences will be a lot more dire than in school.

One suggestion: Talk with your teacher. Tell them that you are a slow reader and underestimated the task. Offer to do a similar book report to save your grade. Maybe this will be accepted. If you're lucky.

But most importantly, learn from your mistake!

* By the way, there are at least half a dozen books with this very same name. I assume that you are talking about Guy Vanderhaeghe's novel which not only seems to be the most popular among the same-titles books but also happens to have exactly 30 chapters. Yet, including the author should be normal for a question like this (unless you're talking about classics like "The Lord of the Rings", "War and Peace", or "Brave New World").

You might have got a little help I'd you'd have read the first 25 chapters and ask for the last couple. You obviously haven't touched that book.

Take reading lessons, so that way you can start to become a quick reader