What is the terminology used to lengthen the meanings of a word typically by the letters? would it be conjunctions?

for instance

Condition > coniditon(ing) > condition(er), Condition(ed) is there a term for what i've abbreviated?

5 Answers

  • 1 year ago
    Favourite answer

    Prefixes suffixes infixes. All types of affixes. Infixes are the best, like Hallo*******ween. Good luck!

  • RP
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

    There is a root word or base that can be added by letters before, known as a prefix, or letters after, known as a suffix. For example, appoint can become disappoint by adding the prefix dis and motion can become motionless by adding the suffix less.

  • Nina G
    Lv 5
    1 year ago

    Those on your list are examples of suffixes, "a letter or group of letters that is added to the end of a word to change its meaning or to form a different word.

    Prefix: a letter or group of letters that is added at the beginning of a word to change its meaning; a title  (such as "Mr." or "Dr.") that is used before a person's name.

    Conjunction: a word that joins together sentences, clauses, phrases or words (e.g. "and," "but," and "although"

    Source(s): Merriam-Webster Dictionary
  • martin
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

    You can call those little ending letters a "Suffix" which would the the opposite of beginning letters, which are called a "prefix."

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 year ago

    those are the suffixes that change the original word ...

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.