Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 8 months ago

My dog bit me. It’s like a scratch but it bled. Should I see a doctor? *photo included, shows some blood*?

After talking to a vet they said that I should see a doctor just in case. I asked about my chances of getting Capnocytophaga because I remember people died from a dog bite, lick or scrape. She wasn’t sure of the risk.

I rinse it with hot water wash my hands with soap I even poured a little bit of vinegar on the cut to prevent bacteria and I added some triple antibiotic ointment.

Also, pretty sure my dog doesn’t have rabies she’s a chihuahua and small. This is the first time this happened. She found a turkey bone from somewhere and I was trying to take it away from her in case she swallows something and chokes and as I was taking it away with one hand and I use my other hand to sort of distract her she bit my left pinky.

Attachment image

6 Answers

Relevance
  • marty
    Lv 7
    8 months ago
    Favourite answer

Just clean it and use some antibiotic ointment and it should be fine. You could go and get a tetanus shot if you're real scared but that's about all a doctor can do other than what I already suggested. I've been bit a few times by playing with my dogs on the ranch.

• 8 months ago

It's fine...............

• 8 months ago

Capnocytophaga is RARE.

Look at how many people who are trainers, groomers, kennel workers and vets... They get bit regularly... Its RARE.

• no
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

If you don't take your dog to the vet often to do daily tests then you should check it out with a doctor in case anything happens.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 8 months ago

IF your dog is updated on her shots, then you should stop worrying.

• 8 months ago

If your dog has rabies, then yes you need to see a doctor immediately.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.