How much will be taken out of my paycheck in taxes? ?

I was offered an entry level position in New York which pays 60,000 a year. I was wondering how much would be taken out of my paycheck per pay period (biweekly) by the federal and the state and how much I would take home a month to figure out rent etc. Assume no 401k, etc. I would file S1 on my return. My jobs headquarters, where they do payroll, is not in the city so I’m assuming no city tax just federal and state. 

Figure 25-30% is usually accurate.

Where the headquarters is doesn't matter, it's where you actually work.

• Shay

City taxes are based on YOUR address - not the headquarters of the company  you work for.  If you live in a city with city taxes - then city taxes WILL be withheld.

Plug your numbers into this calculator for an estimate:

https://smartasset.com/taxes/new-york-paycheck-cal...

• Judy

You WILL have city tax, federal and state, social security and medicare.

If you live In New York City or Yonkers, there is city income tax. If you live somewhere in the rest of the state, there is not. For city income tax in New York State, it does not matter where the job headquarters are or where the job is.

To find out how much tax should be withheld, go to https://www.paycheckcity.com/calculator/salary/new... enter the information (type in your pay, change weekly to biweekly, etc.), and click "Calculate".

You can calculate your paycheck yourself at paycheckcity.com  

Standard deductions and withholding's will take 24% of your pay.