Jules asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 8 months ago

I feel nauseated almost every time after eating? Should I consider a diet change? If so, what?

Every time after I eat, I feel nauseated and my stomach hurts (near the top aligned with my rib cage..so not intestinal). I have recently changed my diet up to eating good, whole, and healthy foods, as I mostly ate fast food and crap food for months. I've been feelings better, but every time I eat this happens. I eat mostly chicken, broccoli, green beans, quinoa and chickpea pasta, salads, etc. My meats are always cooked all the way through. I am also definitely not pregnant, as this was a thought that I possible had. I am also not ill from a virus or infection.

Does anyone have any thoughts as to what this could be? Should I try avoiding other foods? I already took gluten and dairy out of my diet.

You likely have GERD

See your PCP

try taking a pregnancy test😳

Source(s): ur unborn fetus

You need to take a test for diabetes type 2

No you should go to the doctor. Frequent nausea may be a sign of a more serious underlying problem.

A couple of thoughts:

1. Some food you are eating more of isn't right for you.  You may be sensitive to a lectin other than gluten Lectins are plants' defense mechanism. Gluten is the most well known, but there are many others. Some people are particularly sensitive to some of them.  Read The Plant Paradox and see if any of this rings true.  You can eliminate some foods from your diet and see if that helps. Grains, nightshade plants, and kale are often culprits. People also react to strawberries and melon. 

2. Chew more thoroughly and eat less at one sitting.  The foods you are eating are harder to breakdown/digest and have a lot of fiber.  You may simply be over filling your stomach.

3. Consider taking a probiotic.  I know this seems to be stomach rather than GI tract related, but it won't hurt you to try it.

4. It isn't a bad idea to see your GP or an gastroenterologist.  The think you should be a bit weary of is that many GPs will automatically go directly to a 2-week course of Prilosec. While it can be very effective if you have acid reflux, it also kills your gut biome and doesn't actually get to the root cause of the problem.  

• Linda

Could be your diet is too acidic and you may need more alkaline foods.

• Mark

Yes, allergists suggest taking out foods one by one to determine if you have a food allergy.  Also, if you drink alcohol, either eliminate it or cut down on it.  I have a weird problem (or so I thought) of having my nose run after eating, and I don't mean "after eating spicy foods".

• Susie

It could be acid reflux or something that actually has nothing to do with diet.  Talk to your doctor. 

• Carson

A diet change may help. I would also suggest a trip to your Dr.

The area/symptoms you are describing could be anything from heartburn (acid reflux) to an ulcer or hiatial hernia. All need physician diagnosis and treatment.

should try smoking weed to help with appatite and talk to a doctor.