Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesVisual ArtsDrawing & Illustration · 8 months ago

what is the meaning of the spots in yin and yang?

you know yin is black and yang is white. but the black part has a white spot. and the white part has a black spot. when you look at this spots, what do they symbolize to you?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

just a black and white circle is to obvious, so lets just say they made it more interesting.    

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Everything has a little of its opposite within itself. Like...every good man has the capacity for a little evil and every evil man has some good.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Notanic information.

• 8 months ago

Tells you good and evil.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 8 months ago

There's some of each in each portion.

• John
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Ramona said it if maybe a little TOO far. And it's not black and white, it is dark and light.

• 8 months ago

Yin and Yang are two opposites of each other. You didn't ask what those two opposites are so I won't delve too much into it. The two dots in the Yin and the Yang swirl mean that each half of the swirl contains a small seed of each other. 

The dark swirl/Yin is the shadow side but has the capability to have light as there is a seed there for it to build on. while the light swirl has the possibility of of becoming most shadow as there is a seed there, of darkness. 

For example, You as a good person who tries to do the right thing but one day you have a strong desire to own a pair of sneakers out of your price range. Most likely you will do the right thing but because there is a seed there (the dark spot in the light swirl) you might go ahead and steal if the temptation is too strong. The temptation or the action of stealing is the dark spot in the white swirl. 

The opposite example would be is: if you are a real estate agent and you are accustomed to lying to your clients, you might this one time not try to dupe your client because the client has cancer and you feel bad for trying to dupe. So, in general, you are the Yang and let your white seed take over this time.

I hope that help. I used examples so you are very clear now. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.