C asked in Education & ReferenceTeaching · 2 months ago

Do USA public education elementary and middle school teachers tend to emulate the maturity levels of their students?   ?

I have been searching for info on this subject with limited results..Examples would include teacher use of slang, clothing or hair styles, gossip and even bullying that would be expected from a tween but not a well compensated professional..  Also noticeable lack of adult insight and coping skills..

Try surrounding yourself with a bunch of teenie boppers.  We'll proceed to spy on you everywhere you go and let you know if it makes a difference.

That is certainly not true of the teachers I know. And I know a lot of them. 

• C2 months agoReport

You have never noticed this in any teacher?  My insight is that of a parent after successfully guiding my kid through a needlessly difficult public education system.  Question being can spending  time with emotionally undeveloped youth effect perception.  Do you have anything meaningful to ad.