Needing advice on paint colors to go with existing furniture! Turning garage into mother in law apartment & want it to be sweet & comfy!?

Please consider Benjamin Moore's color called cream yellow. It is a lovely shade of very light yellow that sometimes has tan undertones. This color goes with everything. I recently sold a house and painted the entire first floor walls the cream yellow color. The living room was decorated with teal, turquoise and green. The bedroom had a light blue and orange and yellow bedspread. The kitchen had Greens and corals, as did the dining room. The people who bought the house commented that during the first two showings they didn't even realize the whole house was painted the same color because it transforms well with other colors in other rooms while still being cohesive.

• Mr. P

Remember not to leave the engine running.

• I care

Liz just keep walls light as the furniture,  wall pieces and accessories will make the room complete.  Your family is special doing this for your mother in law to visit.  

Also if you know her favorite colors this would help in bedspread/curtain etc.  

• Ann

We sort of have the same dilemma at our house.  The wall color we chose is Quinoa (pronounced ken-wa) by Sherwin-Williams.  It is a warm sort of golden "tannish' color. It blends with greens and browns well. See if your MIL likes it.  Good luck.

More info concrete floor, would love to do a cream/tan/brown combo if such a thing exists. I’ve seen boring grey with specks yuck! Couch is dark brown, chair is cream tweed. Coffee table is an antique green wooden box. Also have antique white long table to use under tv and a gorgeous green antique one to use as a sofa table. The greens are a softer antique green, not bold. None of the antique pieces will she allow to be painted nor would I ever want them painted!

Her favorite colors are peach and teal so I’d like those to be accents but I’m just lost on the wall color. TIA  

• martin

Better let the mother-in-law choose the paint or else you'll never hear the end of it.

• Carson

"Sweet" incorrect adjective.

Cute is the word you were looking for...maybe

Since MIL is going to be living there, why not ask her what she would like and even let her have input on the style and colors?