Is surgery needed for split lips?

I have split lips and the only way to solve this is by going to the hospital and have have lip surgery where they grab a needle and strings and tie it up.

Favorite Answer

i saw i tv they look totaly normal after surgery

• Walipmemo

Thank you! I will get surgery ASAP

Isn't stitching a form of surgery?

• Walipmemo

It's a mild form of surgery.

Just use a staple gun.

• MARK

Even if you did attend a hospital they will not stitch lips. It will heal in its own time. You could seek medical advice if you want to find out how to care for your lips while they heal but no one is going to stitch them for you.

They will probably heal eventually if you could only just stop ripping them open every freaking day.  But since that is difficult, it might be that stitches are the best option.

I had a split lip for about 6 months back when I was in my 20s.  Every time it would almost heal I would sneeze or do something with my mouth that would just rip it open again. I probably would have benefited from stitches.  The tear did eventually heal but it wasn't fun to deal with it.

That's called stitching. We don't know how severe your injury is.

It depends on how badly it is split. Most simple splits will heal very quickly on their own.

Surgery is not needed for simple split lips. Moisturizer / lip balm is what you need.