hoarseman asked in EnvironmentGlobal Warming · 8 months ago

Where on the Earth are humans best situated to survive the climate change disaster?

Probably Iceland; Canada, Russia, Scandanavia etc will be inundated with refugees from southern regions but Iceland is out on its own and North enough to to avoid extreme heating

• John

It depends on what disaster?

The present disaster all are trying to avoid are pricks with money trying to grab land where they think people want to live then try to resell at jacked up prices.

That's the only "climate disaster" I know about.

You know of a different one?

It sure ruins my climate when international realities are hung. They bodies interfere in my visa views.

• F

I'm quite happy where I am. It's not too hot, another 5C wouldn't hurt. My house is 400 ft above sea level, so a few feet of rising sea level doesn't worry me. We do get a lot of rain, but nothing like monsoon conditions.

My inland town in the US is slated to become beach front property before too very long. I can't wait. I want to see out to some developer of high-rise, beachfront condos. 

• Cowboy

There is no place for all of us.....we've waited too long.

Humans currently live in every climate on the planet, from tropical, to desert, to Arctic. Although to be fair they live in far fewer numbers in those harsher regions. Food production requires water and sunlight. Water will be the problem moving forward, currently we have added massive info structure worldwide to make food production possible in quite arid areas, dams, water storage from Africa to America to India and China. A number of these regions rely on seasonal rains or melting glaciers. But those glaciers are melting when there gone so is the ability to grow things in those regions. Australia is already starting to see the start of this, record drought has seen dams built to cover drought periods run dry.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/se...

• Mike

There is no  Climate  disaster   only the democrat  disaster 

Anywhere they are surviving right now. Climate change is a non-issue. Sea level rise is only 7" per century, and some places it's been going down recently. Don't buy into the fearmongering. Their predictions never come to fruition.

Note the graph below and the small uptick in temperatures on the right part. Then compare that uptick (which represents the recent warming that is so "dire" to some) with the centuries-long cooling trend.

• JimZ

If you are really worried about it, I recommend that you move to the Arctic.    

There is no climate change disaster.

What disaster?

The devastating crop losses due to snow and ice is happening worldwide and the solution is to start growing your own food, utilizing backyard gardens and not relying on "centralized" food production and delivery.

The Sun and Mother Nature are proving the "carbon emission" alarmism a huge scam.