Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 8 months ago

Is Yahoo Answers near to an end?

With less and less people using this site and trolls getting a throne to ruin this place.

RIP Y!A 2006 - 2019

14 Answers

Relevance
    Lv 7
    8 months ago
    Favourite answer

No reason to believe it is, since the company spent the money and time to revamp the site format and weeks to roll it out starting back in October. As long as ad revenue continues to roll in and they don't feel the need to hire additional staff to monitor the site, there's no reason to assume it'll close any time soon. Every year there's been a rumor of the site closing, but it's still here and chugging along.

• 8 months ago

It amazes me that after all these years, this question is still being asked. The fact that YA has lated until 2019 -- over a decade -- is astonishing in terms of online sites. That's like a century in digital years! I was pretty amused to see it not only active (sort of), but that I was still the Top Answerer in "my" category.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

no, in fact, it's getting better and more popular too!!!

Thanks, Yahoo Answers!

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

It's well past it's sell by date and less people are using it partly due to the constant reporting and stalking.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Daniel
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

I dont know about Nearing an End but it is Less Popular then it use to be Yahoo is still making Money on it Despite the Loss of a lot of Users I think as long as there making $$$$$ with it there gonna keep it Open

• Yes, you are right about the trolls trying to destroy this site.  Even those who lie, make up fantasy stories and attack other users still have not brought the site down.  Verizon Media spent a lot of money to redo this site so I doubt they would close it down so fast.  Maybe if this site doesn't work they may want to close it down.  

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

No. I’ve been hearing that for years and it still keeps chugging away. 

• Bob
    Lv 5
    8 months ago

As long as there are users who don't know when to use less and when to use fewer, this website will always be in trouble. RIP correct grammar...

• Dze
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

quit your whining lol .. its actually better than its ever been ..

• Phil
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

You are part of the problem.

Yahoo Answers should not allow people to be anonymous.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.