lauren asked in HealthOptical · 2 months ago

Does anyone Know what’s going on with my eye? I’m worried ?

My eyes have been extremely itchy for the past few weeks, and whenever I itch them even the slightest, they’ll look like this. It happens with both eyes. I started using castor oil for my eyelashes a few weeks before it started, but I didn’t put a lot on. They go red and look disgusting and the state of it is worrying Me. It’s started to make my vision go blurry as well. I got eye drops from a doctor but they haven’t worked. I’m just asking on here if anyone knows what’s going on or what it could be?

Favorite Answer

I been through this. It’s likely Ocular HSV. When you wake up from a nap or out your sleep, make sure not to touch you eye so that it wouldn’t irritate you. 

• lauren1 month agoReport

It can’t be eye herpes because I’ve never engaged in any sexual activity before. Can you still get it even if you haven’t done anything ?

I'm not a doctor (and I don't play one on TV) but that looks to me like conjunctivitis, aka 'pink eye'.  It can be caused by infection, either viral or bacterial, or by allergies.  It usually goes away by itself after a few days, but if not, you can go to the doctor and get eyedrops, depending on what kind it is.

Good luck!