My PS4 will not read my game after a certain point!?

Okay, I just bought a PS4 brand new for Black Friday and, I've had it less than a week and it reads all my discs for the exception of my Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition. It had a hard time reading it and I've already got the game to a certain point but whenever I try to enter the Guold city,  it stops reading it. Like I've had that game for a while before I sold my last PS4 and it played it just fine. Do you think the disc has gotten scratched up or anyting? I see a very small slight scratch, but my PS3 and even PS2 at the times I had them played games like that before with no no problem. I did everything to the CD using a damp towel with water and alcohol and it didn't work. I'm hoping someone here can help me so I don't have to spend money on another disk.

Do you have any stuttering? 

Considering the game gets installed off of the blu ray to the hard drive and not read from the blu ray, the flaw was copied to the hard drive.

You may try deleting the game and re-installing.  This may also remove your save data so you'll need to back it up to the cloud and restore before you play again.

If that doesn't work, try re-installing it from a different blu ray disc.

Specific discs and specific players don't always get along.

I believe the new PS4 unit is the reason.

Exchange it for another and see what happens.

Take the disc to your nearest game shop. They should have a machine which skims  discs and removes surface scratches.

Update: If the scratch cant be polished out of the disc I'd  just buy another copy.

• Robert J

Exactly what I was going to suggest!