I told my husband to put his daughter's name as beneficiary of his TimeShare, she doesn't want it because the cost. Will I end up with it?

Or is she obliged to take it and pay the yearly expenses. I already have one, I don't want to pay for 2. How can I force her to take my deceased husband's TimeShare?

You can't.

I assume your husband has died and you are the executor of the estate. Timeshares will never let you off the hook, even after you are dead.

If she formally signs a deed of disclaimer then leave the timeshare in the estate and keep paying the ongoing fees. Rent out any holiday weeks if you're allowed to do so.

If the estate is sufficiently large and you can rent out the Timeshare then the rental income plus the interest on the estate might keep it open forever. But you won't ever be able to distribute the money in the estate to the beneficiaries.

One day the Timeshare company may go out of business. Then if there's any money in the estate it can be distributed. Otherwise the estate might one day be wholly exhausted paying Timeshare fees. When you get too old you may have to resign as executor, and ask the Public Trustee to administer the estate.

You can't get out of a Timeshare even by dying.

• Ocimom

If she doesn't want it, she can sell it.  You have a TimeShare already.  Tell your husband to pick someone else to take his time share.

There are companies out there that specialize in getting people out of timeshares. Your husband should use one of those to get this white elephant off of his estate before he dies and this onerous reasonability passes to someone else. Timeshares are the bane of existence and few if any ever find them a productive use of money.

That all should depend on who got what when he died, who got the bulk of his estate.

If his is the only name on the timeshare, no one could be forced to accept it. They have the right of refusal on accepting any part of an inheritance.

• PAMELA

You can't force her to do anything, in the contract for the time share you have to find out if he can leave it to anyone, it may just go back to the company, but his daughter is not liable at all.

• Lita

You cannot force her to do it.

• IIIII

lol no one wants a timeshare

• mokrie

You cannot force her. Time share is the biggest rip off going. There are companies that do nothing but get you OUT of timeshares.

Hire a lawyer and get rid of it. Get rid of yours while you're at it too. Biggest scam ever.