Does advance parole cure a overstayed visa?

4 Answers

  • 8 months ago
    Favourite answer

    i would ask immigration about it

  • Maxi
    Lv 7
    8 months ago


  • 8 months ago

    No, there is no "cure" for overstaying a visa. Advance parole only allows someone with some sort of status (e.g, DACA) to return to US under that status. Overstayers must depart, and are barred from reentry. Go home & stay there. After completing bar to reentry, your slate is not cleared. Your record of visa violations will always be against you.

  • 8 months ago

    Not sure with cure.

    If the beneficiary overstayed, is "out of status," he or she cannot leave the United States until AoS has been adjudicated. In that case AP is worthless.

    Source(s): An immigrant from Europe, I live on the American Riviera and work as an attorney in Santa Barbara, California.
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.