Anonymous asked in Home & GardenDo It Yourself (DIY) · 2 months ago

What do I need to fix this?

Hello. So, I’m trying to install a new lock but I notice this little hole. So I wonder what do i need to fix this? Would wood filler work for this?


I don’t want to have to buy a new door frame or get one installed.

Attachment image

2 Answers

  • Barry
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

    Buy a two pack wood filler. This stuff sets quickly, sands down easily and takes paint well. See link for UK example.

    • Spock (rhp)
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

      wood filler won't hold for beans.  the evidence suggests the door was broken down from the outside and not properly repaired

    • Log in to reply to the answers
  • Bill
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    It looks like you could use a door saver. That's a brass plate that covers the wood for a few inches above and below the lock, with a hole for the lock to pass through.

    • Log in to reply to the answers
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.