are MOST of the people in the U.K. MOSTLY of "Celtic" ancestry? (not Anglo Saxon) ? (even in England)?

The various invasions, Roman, Anglo Saxon, Viking and Norman were a change of management and not a change of  the masses of workers. 

No. Most are much later invaders.

I don't think anyone is sure who was here just after the last Ice Age finished.

It's a tricky one to figure out that take a bit of poking around in the history books.

There are records of celtic tribes dating back to ancient Roman / Greek times.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Age_tribes_in_B...

But there's so much Roman/Italian, French, German, Dutch, Swiss, Spanish + other stuff mixed in now you'd be hard pushed to seperate it without family history records... most of which are practically non-existent before the 1500's/1600's, and doesn't get too easy until 1837 onwards when it became a legal requirement to register births

I did research my family, and it IS possible to go back a thousand years or more. My British ancestors turned out mostly to be descendents of the Normans who invaded from France. They, of course, were descended from the Vikings (thus the name North men or Norman).  Even the ones from Scotland traced back to the Vikings. 

• Maxi

No! MOST people in the UK do not research and prove their ancestry and MOST people know it is impossible to research and prove back at best 500 years anyway......A typical American question and in a category that is nothing at all to do with the question

• Clive

Nobody really knows as it's been so mixed up over the centuries.