Friend of mine is homeless and needs help getting to the homeless shelter ?

A good friend of mine is homeless with her 2 kids . She stranded and no transportation to a homeless shelter. I would take her but don’t have a car . Would the shelter help her get there with her children . Just trying to help her out and get some answers .. 

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

can she not walk? most anyplace is within walking distance given enought time

• reme_1
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You might also call the police as it is winter and too cold for her to be outside.

• 2 months ago

call an uber...

• R K
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

give her some money for a bus or taxi. do you have room to let her stay with you?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Justin
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It sounds like she needs 'Lyft' or 'Uber' after a kitty is collected at a Church or among friends until she has enough for that and possibly some incidental expenses. Most homeless shelters do not offer rides unless they are handled by Churches. The involvement of children certainly does make this more likely. 

If she is homeless due to recent tragedy, you may want to consider involving the Red Cross. 

• I care
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Offer to pay for a cab, if no other family member can drive them to the shelter.

Or pay for a bus that goes to this shelter. Personally don't know if shelters have rides or not...….just call maybe that would be best....local shelter.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.