My In-Laws call make comments about my weight?

I got married recently, I’m 26 my hubby is 29 and his grandma has been making remarks about how I’m fat or how I shouldn’t eat so much, or commenting about how I have a big butt and it looks fake and I should workout so my hips/legs/butt are not so big. I’m 5” and I can’t help that I’m naturally thick and curvy. I’m a runner but I stopped running 6 months ago so I gained a little bit of weight but I honestly am not complaining about my weight or how I look. I don’t think I look bad, I’m okay with myself and I hear no complains from my husband. I am obviously working on running again once my ankle feels better. So why is the grandma so upset about me? I’ve only ever been nice to her and this didn’t start until we actually got married and she got upset because my dress was too short and I ended up switching to converse at the end of the night since we only had a simple lunch after our courthouse wedding and she also commented how I’m not girly enough or I eat too much. I go to school full time, work part time and my husband and I share his car for now so we go back and forth a lot and I don’t have time to look my best this semester, because I got married a month after he proposed, adopted a puppy, am taking 5 classes, and I’m stressed and busy these past few months. My husband reassures me he loves me and I only tell him what his grandma says days later because I feel bad.

She’s jehova’s witness if that helps, I know they’re more conservative in the way they dress but I don’t think I dress out of the ordinary.

It's not atypical for older women to think younger women dress like tramps. The first cave grandma probably chided her son's mate for a too short animal skin outfit ;-) But this is your husband's relative and it's up to him to talk to her about her commentary. Now that you know she takes offense at "too short" clothing you can stop wearing that when she's going to be around.

Could you turn around a little bit so I can get a better look at your butt, what I can see looks pretty good to me but I would like a better view ya know, and while you're at it would you mind slipping into a bikini? 

• GB

See a doctor about your weight, to  get a report about you BMI.  I don't suggest this because I agree with her, but  because  you have a figure many would envy. Get a copy of the report. The next time she makes a disparaging comment tell her about the doctor's visit. If you are brave enough, tell her  you feel sorry for her, not having parents who taught her not t o make rude, personal remarks. Also, avoid her as much as possible.

I think she's jealous of you. Probably longs for her youth and she probably didnt have such a great figure like yours when she was your age. 

• PAMELA

Tell her it is none of her business what your weight is, that should shut her up.

• kristy

Tell her to stfu and mind her own business

Your husband needs to talk to them about stop being mean to you. If you do it,you'll be seen as bitchy, etc. He needs to tell them to stop it. If he can't, well, you know what kind of many you are with.

• Linda

I guess that is you with the gun? You look cute, healthy, and curvy imo. You do not look overweight. Your husband's gma sounds real critical and maybe she always has been like that and it has little to do with you? Try to ignore her because I believe that she will accept you in time. Just treat her good and you will grow on her in time.

Ignore his grandmother. Is she all fit and slim and trim? I doubt it

Meanwhile, maybe you could reconsider running and find something else to do for exercise. Running is the worst thing you can do to your spine.

• Sony2 months agoReport

Thank you and yeah I always thought I was big but I realized I’m not I’m just curvy, and thank you. I honestly am fine with my weight so it bothers me she comments things like that and don’t want to not like her

She is an old woman and maybe she has nothing better to do than pick on you. Don't take it to heart. If you and your husband are happy, that's all that matters. We can't change people who are negative and insulting. it says far more about her than it does about you.