Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferencePrimary & Secondary Education · 2 months ago

Do you agree that my son’s school is in the wrong?

In my son’s school when they’re doing PE (physical education - don’t know what it’s called in America), if the boys forget their kit, they are made to do it in their boxers. I find this to be completely unacceptable. Particularly because there are girls in the class. The school say there’s nothing wrong with it. 

• zipper

And you are a lair, you have no children, besides how does one forget their PE KIT!  TROLL!

They don't do that in Britain (not in the North-West anyway. At my old primary school and at my high school they give you a kit mark and you read a book instead of doing P.E or you are lent spare kit which is generally in good condition. In the swimming case you don't do swimming at all if you forget your kit.

• Katie

No - has been happening for DECADES.  Boys AND Girls do PE (this includes swimming) in their underwear if they forget their kit.

Troll smarter, not harder.

• RJ2 months agoReport

A dozen people in the comments have said they’ve experienced the same thing, but yeah, clearly the person is trolling 🙄🤔

That must be a British thing, since others are saying the experienced it. It would never happen in the US. 

• drip

Boxers, as in their underwear??? No not acceptable. Really indecent. Boxers I have bought my son would not be appropriate at all. The opening would not provide  coverage while moving about for gym class. These are not the same as gym shorts.

I am surprise parents have not raise a good fuss about. The girl’s parent as well. 

Not happening in US Public school. There are consequences. They don’t just let it go. But running around in your undies isn’t  one of them.

• audrey

What happens if they're wearing briefs? Do they still insist they do it in front of the girls? No, I don't agree with it.

• Lv 7

In the US, we also call it Physical Education. Another name for it is gym (as in gym class). My school district had a lost and found box of gym clothes that people could use if they forgot theirs.

Happened when I went to school, happened when my neighbours kids went to school and happened when my nephew went to school. As far as I'm  concerned it is perfectly acceptable. It is to teach the kids that;

1) They cannot skive off PE by forgetting their kit, and

2) To teach them to be responsible enough to bring their PE kit to school.

If we forgot our kit at secondary school we had to find something to wear from the dreaded  'lost property' box. Nobody   ever  forgot their kit again after wearing a tshirt and shorts from the infamous lost property box.

Nothing wrong with that, it will mean he remembers his kit next time.