Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 2 months ago

How to lose weight with diet only?

Favorite Answer

I'm unable to exercise due to disability - I use a powerchair outdoors. I've lost 63lb this year by eating healthily and calorie counting. There's no quick fix to losing weight I'm afraid, I have a large appetite so I eat a crazy amount of vegetables to feel full at meal times. 

I've just answered this similar question in another question but for me, after stopping smoking, I put on a lot of weight and didn't want to rely on diet only so had a body shaper for a while.  It did help with my confidence and spurred me on to eat healthier and lose those pounds until I didn't need it any more!

You aren't going to lose weight by dieting alone. You need to incorporate a regular exercise routine a couple 2-3 days a week. Walk for an hour a day three days a week. Walking is about the easiest exercise you can get and it is very effective in losing weight!

• You should avoid high calorie and fatty food.

Ketogenic diet, atkins diet, paleo diet. and i'm sure there are more.

weight loss is 80% about what we are eating and 20% about exercise.

The great news is the weight loss is all about diet, not exercise.  The way to lose weight it to eat fewer calories and improve the nutritional quality of the foods you do eat.  

Start by using a BMI calculator to figure out a goal weight that puts you in a BMI of 18-24.  Then use that goal weight when you calculator your BMR. Your BMR is the number of calories you need per day.  If you use your goal weight and then eat whatever calories you need at your goal weight, you'll start to lose weight.  

The best way to stay in a calorie deficit so you can lose weight is to track everything you eat and weigh and measure it.  Down load an app like Lose It! or MyFitnessPal.  Buy an inexpensive food scale, measuring cup, and measuring spoons.  

As for food, focus on vegetables and small portions of lean protein.  Get fats from nuts, olive oil, and avocado -- not fried nuggets.  Limit your sugar and starches (carbs).  When you get your blood sugar under control and are fueling your body with the nutrients it needs rather than "empty calories," you'll be better able to control your appetite.  

Eat just protein and vegetables

Create a calorie deficit.

Avoid soda and juice. Stay away from cakes, yogurts, and choclate

Stop eating .