Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsTVs · 1 month ago

How to change audio language on TV?

I am trying to change the language of channels to English on the TV. I’m staying in Prague and I can’t change any audio to English. I have managed to change TV audio in other countries before so it should be possible. 

I am using an Orava TV if that helps. 

Thanks in advance for any responses :)

• lare

no TV acts as a translator of languages.  the only way a TV program can play in English would be if the program producers created an English language version as an alternate in the original program.  for example, a program that was first produced in America might still have its original sound track available as a second program even though the main audio is broadcast in Czech.  also some programs in other European countries have an English sound track for the purpose of later distribution in the American market.  Some US cable channels co-produce programs with European partners for example, so they would have two or more alternate audio channels. 

• ..

Czech TV is not going to broadcast much in other languages.You may have a multi room system, which is controlled by the building owner.

If there isn't any English broadcast, it isn't available. Some programs on some stations simulcast in other languages on SAP, but I'm baffled as to why you would assume that's true no matter what.