kevon asked in HealthDental · 8 months ago

Do I have an infection after my wisdom teeth extraction?

I got my wisdom teeth out Friday. (Today is wednsday) and all 4 were impacted. Everything seemed to be going well until yesterday when the pain began to pick up a little bit. I took a picture of each side of my mouth where the wisdom teeth were extracted and see what looks to be pus. From these pictures are my holes infected? If so what should I do?

IMG_1885.HEIC

IMG_1882.HEIC

• Kaz

Contact your dentist/surgeon and ask their advice.

Call the dentist or oral surgeon’s office and find out from them.

You call the office of the oral surgeon who preformed the extraction and you tell them what you feel and see.  They will decide whether you need to come in for a visit, need antibiotics, or need to irrigate a dry socket.  

You should contact the dentist who did the extraction. I am not going to look at photos of someone else's possibly infected mouth.

He should have given you antibiotics after an operation like that.

• Donna

No, but it can lead to one depending on what you do with it.