maxx asked in Food & DrinkNon-Alcoholic Drinks · 11 months ago

is Starbucks actually good or is most people just exaggerating over over-priced fancy coffee? (legit never had it so curious)?

I personally think it's exaggerated and over priced.

Everyone has their own opinion of it. I personally don't like it. Their coffee is too strong in my opinion. One sip of it, made my hair stand on end. Surprised my spoon didn't disintegrate in it too.

• John

I never go to starbucks anymore, the taste tells me they burn their beans. I prefer coffee from Amazon 8'clock brand.

Sometimes I go to my community college and buy a cup to drink while studying. It's very strong. 

Starbucks roasts good coffee. I buy their French Roast and grind it daily for our house coffee. Being frugal, I buy coffee from them about, oh, once every five years. I think their prices are way above the value line. I like to buy iced coffee at McDonald's. The huge is $1.30 and it tastes really good.

I mean, if I hear a drink that people are recommending, I'll of course go to Starbucks, and have a cup, but I don't go out of my way to go there everyday to get something..

Ngl I love Starbucks. I really like strong coffee though.

Starbucks uses about four times as much coffee grounds as it needs to. In fact, their coffee grounds could easily be dried out and used again to make fine coffee. Their coffee is extremely strong and so people become addicted to the amount of caffeine in it.

It's a matter of personal preference.

Most people I know who easily spend $10/day at Starbucks are buying frou-frou drinks, especially iced ones,  with all kinds of flavors and other crap added to it.     I know of very few people who actually buy just a cup of coffee.

...and I personally think their beans taste over-roasted as in burnt. 

I do like the lemon cake though!   Their eats are pretty good and are consistent quality from location to location.    If I want a bite on the go, I'd take Starbucks over places like Panera every day of the week and twice on Sunday. 

• Kelly

It's a little bit of both.

I don't drink coffee but they have a lot of stuff besides coffee.