Bailey asked in PetsFish · 2 months ago

is this fish pregnant?

my grandmother gave me fish for my birthday and one of them seems to be bigger in the stomach. i’ve had pregnant fish before and i know what to do, but i’ve never had this kind of fish before so i don’t know if i have to separate it or not. she also doesn’t swim arround as much as my other ones

Depends on the spices. If this fish has eaten a lot, its not pregnant. I think its pregnant, as the stomach is too big. 

Plus info for you. Its just a fish, so dont worry. Even if gives babies, none if it will survive, they never do. So enjoy the aquarium looks, and dont be obsessed with pregnant fish. Its just a fish

• Rachel2 months agoReport

"Just a fish"? Really? Such arrogance... 

This is a difficult question to answer. Usually to tell if a fish is pregnant you look for a black gravid spot next to it's anal fin. Because your fish is black it is almost impossible to tell.