Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 2 months ago

How can I runaway without any money?

I am 27 years of age. I also have autism. We are trying to get an appeal for SSI. I may have missed a few days at work. So, now I won't be able to get unemployment or win the appeal. I can't tell Dad I was why I was fired. Can I still runaway?

I don't think runaway is the right word when referring to 21+ adults. That's the word we use for teens and younger children who leave home. 

I would talk to a lawyer because I think by law you are allowed a certain amount of days to take off for personal business. You should not have been fired in my opinion. 

Stay with a friend.

Admittedly, I question the seriousness of your question, but if there's the slightest  chance of legitmacy, I wanted to take time to respond.  Being familiar with your situation and more specifically that of your Dad's, my words are simple; don't you even think about doing that to your Dad/parents.  Because I can tell you something a Hell of a lot more important to him than your recently losing a job is his continuing to do his most important job as a Dad. 

• Snoopy

Dad got you a job. You couldn't keep it because you are a psycho not autistic. A lot of psychos are being misdiagnosed as autistic nowadays making real autistic people look bad. 

One of the main traits of an autistic person is enjoying routine and being motivated no matter their surroundings. 

You fooled the psychiatrist which is another psychopathic trait. Your dad spoiled you a lot and that's what you are a spoiled kid who never grew up. 

This question is an insult to real autistic people. 

Autistic people are not retarded that is again a psychopathic trait. 

To be fair to you a good psychiatrist wouldn't have been fooled. 

• You're right about the routine part, but what makes you think he was misdiagnosed and/or is not Autistic? Additionally, while I understand you may not be referring to those with Autism direclty, using the word "retarded" could be considered a Hell of a lot more insulting than the question.    

• John

What's autism? Doesn't seem to affect your writing skills. I have a brain injury. I am more concerned about tobacco and food than money.

• Anna

Autism is a life long disability that affects your social skills and makes you see the world differently to people who don't have autism. I have it although I have it mild. Autism doesn't always affect your writing.

I wouldn’t run away from your Dad if he’s supporting you and you have no income. If you do you can go to a homeless shelter, but as long as living conditions are bearable with your father i would stay there. Also, you don’t run away you move out as an adult. 

You dont "runaway" as an adult.   You move out.   And unless you are gonna move in with someone who is willing to support you, it will be impossible to do that without income.

Very unlikely that you will get SSI for Autism...  Not unless you are on some extreme end of the spectrum.

• Will

You're a terrible troll, Troy. 

You are 27 years old and living at home? Get a f------ job.

• Anna

He DID have a job, but he got sacked.