my daughter cannot take pills. she was prescribed ibuprofen 600mg can we crush it for her and put it in apple juice ?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

There are some good suggestions below.  Recently I had some Seroquel and started to dissolve.  It tasted bitter on my tongue.

• 1 month ago

crushing pills just mean they're going to be absorbed too quickly into her bloodstream also it will make her apple juice taste bad. i say shove it in her mouth when shes not lookn.

• 2 months ago

Why not put it in the food she eats crushed up? 

• 2 months ago

It'll make it taste like crap. Not sure why a doctor would prescribe pills to a child that cannot take pills.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

600 mg ibuprofen is a very big pill.  what a dumb doctor

• y
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

She will gag on the taste and probably won't be able to get it down.

• 2 months ago

Best is to buy liquid IBU at the drugstore. 

• 2 months ago

Ask your doctor first. Most pills are time-released, it might be harmful to take it crushed-up.

• 2 months ago

Some tablets, pills and capsules don't work properly or may be harmful if they're crushed or opened. They may need to be swallowed whole because they're designed to release medicine slowly into the body over time and crushing them could cause an overdose. If they are chewable childrens they can be but otherwise no. You should buy a liguid suspension for any future use.

• Mog
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No. I found a crushing guide on SafeRx.com. This is what it said for ibuprofen: Film coated; swallow whole, do not chew, break, crush or suck – may cause oral discomfort and throat irritation3

Oral liquid form available3

• Chae-won
      Lv 5
      1 month agoReport

That was a good answer!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.