my daughter cannot take pills. she was prescribed ibuprofen 600mg can we crush it for her and put it in apple juice ?

• Layne

There are some good suggestions below.  Recently I had some Seroquel and started to dissolve.  It tasted bitter on my tongue.

crushing pills just mean they're going to be absorbed too quickly into her bloodstream also it will make her apple juice taste bad. i say shove it in her mouth when shes not lookn.

Why not put it in the food she eats crushed up? 

It'll make it taste like crap. Not sure why a doctor would prescribe pills to a child that cannot take pills.

600 mg ibuprofen is a very big pill.  what a dumb doctor

• y

She will gag on the taste and probably won't be able to get it down.

Best is to buy liquid IBU at the drugstore. 

Ask your doctor first. Most pills are time-released, it might be harmful to take it crushed-up.

Some tablets, pills and capsules don't work properly or may be harmful if they're crushed or opened. They may need to be swallowed whole because they're designed to release medicine slowly into the body over time and crushing them could cause an overdose. If they are chewable childrens they can be but otherwise no. You should buy a liguid suspension for any future use.

• ?

No. I found a crushing guide on SafeRx.com. This is what it said for ibuprofen: Film coated; swallow whole, do not chew, break, crush or suck – may cause oral discomfort and throat irritation3

Oral liquid form available3