Madonna asked in Social ScienceSociology · 2 months ago

PLEASE HELP! How to deal with a religious father who doesn't know that you do not believe in anything that he says?

So I recently lost my voice and have been resting my voice  for quite a while now. My father took me to a doctor but since he believes in religion, he thought taking me to a relegious teacher who can apparantly fix ailments by performing some ritual would help. I know my father has good intentions and wants me to get well, but I feel extremely uncomfortable when i go there because  the teacher  is very loud and talks about certain weird things that are against my values. He talks about the wrath of God and seems sexist. I am still financiallydependant my father so i dont know if i should confront him and say no, or feel uncomfortable for the next few weeks by visiting that place. 

"God helps those that help themselves."

I think you can talk rationally to your father that this religious teacher is aggressive and makes you feel uncomfortable.  Say that you feel he is undermining your own faith and beliefs (even if you have none) and you feel like he is disrespecting you as a female.  

The "religious teacher" sounds very legalistic and very off.  I wouldn't trust him at all.

Jesus is God.  Jesus is not a "religion"

Nobody can be good enough to avoid hell. The truth is that death leads to immediate heaven or hell, depending only on whether the person believed in Jesus for eternal life, or not.

.

The truth is that Jesus loves you and wants to bless your life freely :) Most of all, Jesus wants you with Him forever, and not in hell. The truth is that every belief except one will lead to eternal torment in the lake of fire for every person. Because nothing pays for our sins except the death and blood of Jesus, the sacrifice of Jesus that is already accomplished by Him . Jesus loves you! The truth is that Jesus is God, and Jesus died on the cross to pay for all of our sins in full, and then Jesus resurrected from the dead. Nothing else pays for our sins, not works, not deeds, not religions. So the only way to heaven and to avoid hell, is by believing in Jesus for eternal life (John 6:47), without adding any of your own works (Romans 4:5). Believe in Jesus to take you to heaven, and you will be in heaven, no matter what, guaranteed. That easy, thanks to Jesus! Tell Jesus that you thank Him that you will be with Him in heaven when you die, because you believe in Jesus! It is too late to be saved, after death