Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 2 months ago

I cannot be bothered to fake emotions, what does that mean?

I cant be bothered to put up a mask of niceness for others (faking a caring and empathetic face for others). People would normally want to at least put up a facade to look better to others, but I feel no moitivation to do so, it looks tiresome to me. I just want to know why it is that I am like that.

16 Answers

Relevance
  • "Normal" -  Especially today!  

Albeit at one time, people smiled and wished others well because, it also made them feel Good about life.

All I know is this life is not about me.  However we may extend ourselves to others, it will come back - 10-fold!

I don't know about you but, I would much prefer a smile smiling back at me than, a frown or - worse.  :D

• Cathy
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

that means you are homosexual

Source(s): Hillary Clinton
  • 2 months ago

We have a social persona, like a mask.

• small
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

A self made person high in self confidence would most likely be that way..... not impolite, but matter of fact attitude towards others.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Because you are. It's your opinion and you wish to live in that way.....go ahead. Be my guest. Don't moan that you have no friends or nobody wants to know you though. You choose your own path in life. If your path is to be nasty to everyone - so be it.

• Liz
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

Rather than simply instructing Christians not to do bad to others, Jesus Christ offered this counsel: “All things . . . that you want men to do to you, you also must likewise do to them.”—Matthew 7:12.

How can we apply that rule? Basically, by taking two steps. First, we should ask ourselves, ‘If I were in the other person’s shoes, how would I want to be treated?’ Then, we need to follow through, accommodating the other person to the extent possible .

Food for thought. 

• 2 months ago

That's pretty common. Many people protect themselves from uncomfortable feelings by being distant or cold. I wouldn't fault someone for it. Being honest about it is better than trying to fake it, but some people might see it as selfish, or unsupportive. It might be seen as avoiding feelings rather than dealing with them. Do you try to get away from bad situations rather than try to fix them? Do you tend to be nonconfrontational?

• FoxBot1 month agoReport

Thats the thing, I am normally very confrontational

• j153e
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

"I cannot tell a lie"--attributed to George Washington.

No fake news by you!

Related:  "Understanding Yourself" by Mark Prophet.

• Mike W
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The most common interpretation of that would be that this person can't even be bothered to put on a show of fake emotions for any reason.  

• 2 months ago

It is more important to be honest with yourself and show empathy..

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.