Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 2 months ago

I cannot be bothered to fake emotions, what does that mean?

I cant be bothered to put up a mask of niceness for others (faking a caring and empathetic face for others). People would normally want to at least put up a facade to look better to others, but I feel no moitivation to do so, it looks tiresome to me. I just want to know why it is that I am like that.

• "Normal" -  Especially today!  

Albeit at one time, people smiled and wished others well because, it also made them feel Good about life.

All I know is this life is not about me.  However we may extend ourselves to others, it will come back - 10-fold!

I don't know about you but, I would much prefer a smile smiling back at me than, a frown or - worse.  :D

• Cathy

that means you are homosexual

Source(s): Hillary Clinton

We have a social persona, like a mask.

• small

A self made person high in self confidence would most likely be that way..... not impolite, but matter of fact attitude towards others.

Because you are. It's your opinion and you wish to live in that way.....go ahead. Be my guest. Don't moan that you have no friends or nobody wants to know you though. You choose your own path in life. If your path is to be nasty to everyone - so be it.

• Liz

Rather than simply instructing Christians not to do bad to others, Jesus Christ offered this counsel: “All things . . . that you want men to do to you, you also must likewise do to them.”—Matthew 7:12.

How can we apply that rule? Basically, by taking two steps. First, we should ask ourselves, ‘If I were in the other person’s shoes, how would I want to be treated?’ Then, we need to follow through, accommodating the other person to the extent possible .

Food for thought. 

That's pretty common. Many people protect themselves from uncomfortable feelings by being distant or cold. I wouldn't fault someone for it. Being honest about it is better than trying to fake it, but some people might see it as selfish, or unsupportive. It might be seen as avoiding feelings rather than dealing with them. Do you try to get away from bad situations rather than try to fix them? Do you tend to be nonconfrontational?

• FoxBot1 month agoReport

Thats the thing, I am normally very confrontational

• j153e

"I cannot tell a lie"--attributed to George Washington.

No fake news by you!

Related:  "Understanding Yourself" by Mark Prophet.

• Mike W

The most common interpretation of that would be that this person can't even be bothered to put on a show of fake emotions for any reason.  

It is more important to be honest with yourself and show empathy..