Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationOther - Cars & Transportation · 8 months ago

Are you supposed to use both feet or only one foot, while driving?

I'm asking because I forgot.

Also, I do NOT use both feet while driving, I asked this question because I forgot.

If you have a problem with my question, then get off your computer and don't answer it at all.

Automatic- one foot Manual use 2 feet.

Driving an automatic car doesn't usually need two feet, except during special manoevers, such as starting on a steep hill. Driving a manual shift car should be done with both feet.

Doesn't matter so long as done safely and you don't ride clutch or brake. Driver's handbook doesn't specify.,  no "law".

Besides, with a Model "T". you habitually used L foot on low pedal,  R on Reverse or Brake. Many who drive manuals have to use both at times. No way to make car start uphill unless you do, and with a hand on the parking brake so it doesn't roll backwards. 

If you are F1 driver you might need to use both ,also in manual .

1 foot if its an automatic and 2 if its manal. the right foot for the brake and gas and 1 foot for the clutch. if your car doesn't have a clutch (the third petal if its manual) you still use your right foot for brake and gas

Only use your right foot on the gas pedal or brake pedal.

The left foot is only to be used if you have a clutch pedal and manual tranny.

Don't use your left foot for the brake pedal.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech

Think about it. Common sense.

If you drive an automatic, you can have your right foot on EITHER the gas or the brake at one time. Why would you EVER have one foot on the gas and another foot on the brake? (you'll get some answers from idiots who say they use two feet for this).

If you drive a manual, it takes two feet. One for the clutch, and one for the gas and brake (like on an automatic).

So called automotive "experts" say you should not use both feet when driving automatics, but I've been doing it for over 60 years without  incident. So...........

Two is good. It's helps.

Why don't you drive right now and check.  Tell us if you use one or two.