Lemons asked in PetsCats · 1 year ago

Can you eat snow?

I think that you can’t eat know because some dogs or cats can pee on the snow and it wouldn’t be healthy, I mean sometimes it might be safe but mostly I wouldn’t think so!

• 1 year ago

no never, I can't eat.

• Layne
    1 year ago

I think so but can get dirty and you can't even see it.

• 1 year ago

Snow cones are way safer (and tastier).

1 year ago

It's pretty easy to tell if snow has been peed on white snow that's fluffy and not compacted is safe to be melted and eaten. If it's discolored and melted something has fallen on the snow don't eat it

• 1 year ago

Yes - - but. Snow is mostly air (about 90%), so it is not a good idea. You CAN melt some to provide yourself with water; look for a relatively clean patch.

• keerok
    1 year ago

Dogs and cats only? Hahaha!

1 year ago

In an EMERGENCY. You can scoop snow, melt it and yes, drink it. Even if you avoid freshly fallen snow and windy-day snow and you use a bowl to collect your snow, your snow is going to contain some amount of pollutants from the air or ground. The good news is that most snow research indicates that snow is still safe to eat in moderation.

• 1 year ago

Snow flakes attract dirt, pollutants from the air as they fall.

1 year ago

Just don't eat the yellow snow.

• Matt
    1 year ago

Just don't eat the yellow snow.