Teacher beat my daughter, next steps?
We live in Virginia and my 16 year old daughter came home from school today to tell me her history teacher beat her for talking in class, she had bruises everywhere and I’ve heard from other people about the abuse but never believed it until now. What can I do to handle this?
- PearlLv 72 months agoFavorite Answer
talk to the police about it
- ron hLv 71 month ago
What a weird fantasy.
- 2 months ago
the only way to deal with bullies is to get bigger bullies to picky on them
- bluebellbkkLv 72 months ago
People, please look carefully at the name 'Melora K'.You will encounter other posts by her describing assaults by teachers, all totally unbelievable. Earlier posts by her under her two previous names, Colly Rodrez and Phoebe Patterson, gave almost daily reports of her being beaten or slapped by screaming teachers, the teacher then going on to set the classroom furniture on fire.
Please don't assume a single syllable of any of her nonsensical trolling posts is true.
She is a TROLL.
- What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
- Serene ELv 72 months ago
Doubtful. but of course you call 911 and go get the teacher arrested for assault if it actually happened.
- dewcoonsLv 72 months ago
1) Take pictures of the injuries
2) Have her write a detailed account of what happened
3) Have her looked at by a doctor, and get a physical copy of all the paperwork and medical reports
4) Contact the police. Get a physical copy of their report(s)
5) Contact the school and take the pictures and medical report with you
6) Be prepared to hear a completely different version of what happened once you get to the school.
Unless the teacher somehow got your daughter into a place in the school where no one could see what was happening, it is unlikely that the teacher was able to beat your daughter to where she would have multiple visible bruises without lots of students seeing it and being willing to report it.
7) Be prepared to find out what really happened.
- LindaLv 62 months ago
Call the police and tell the school what happened. It sounds farfetched tbh.
- EvaLv 72 months ago
Highly unlikely that her teacher beat her that badly. More likely a student or group of students.
- David SLv 72 months ago
The chances of that happening are very slim. It's much more likely that another girl (or girls), beat up your daughter. After all, if it had happened at school at the hands of a teacher, you would definitely have been contacted.
- DevorealLv 62 months ago
You take pictures.
You take those pictures to the police crimes unit and report it.
If nothing is done after 7 days..then you go to the news media