Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 8 months ago

Who is in the wrong in this situation?

My neighbour screamed at & threatened to kill my dog because he was barking. My dog was barking at cats hiding in my yard. The stray cats have only recently been coming around and inside of my fenced in yard because of my neighbour feeding them.

your neighbour, i'm sure they knew you had a dog and still chose to feed stray cats.

Both are wrong for obvious reasons 

I understand you neighbour being frustrated with the barking, but no way should they have threatened to kill your dog. 

Both of you.  Your neighbour should not be feeding and encouraging feral cats and you should not let your dog annoy your neighbours with it's barking.  I think you should ring the council to try deal with the feral cats.  Hopefully your dog will have nothing more to bark at.  

Throw the rubbish cats of them off???

Since it is ILLEGAL to put out food for animals...  Your neighbor is at fault for feeding the cats and attracting a nuisance.

Ferel cats are a nuisance

Both of you. You should actually make an attempt to train your dog, and your neighbor is overreacting wildly.

Your dog. Me basset hound puppy was put down for barking at cats. 

Your neighbour of course for attracting the cats into our garden to begin with knowing that you have a dog,

Suggestion if you dont want them on your land buy an airgun and some plastecine and use them readily also so they aint too keen on returning either

Your neighbor. It's not your dogs fault that it barks, your neighbor is the one who brought things for the dog to bark at.