Is there anything special about you?

I always feel the need to be special in someway. To excel in a skill or talent way beyond the normal range. I think we all want to stick out from the crowed (in a good way).

Favorite Answer

This is an interesting question in that my high intellect and problem solving skills are what makes me stand out in the general population, but if there is something that attracts mostly intelligent people, like engineering at a university, I am not as special in terms of sticking out. I would say because I am special, I don't feel the need to be special, but I don't think that is true because I never had the desire to be special even as a child, before I knew I was special. I've always gone my own way even if it is against what everyone else is doing at the time, because I have never cared about what others thought and never needed their approval. Given the choice to stand out in the general population or be with other intelligent people where I don't stand out so much, I would rather be with people as smart or smarter than me because I can talk about so many other things in depth that other intelligent people can understand and appreciate as opposed to the general population whose eyes just glaze over. I am usually the one with all the answers, but I do have my own questions and it would be nice to know people who could answer them.

• SBR32277
      4 days agoReport

@Joe, you should see my Ph.d friend's writing, it's worse than mine. Could we write better, most definitely. Will we? Only if necessary.

For some reason I have always somehow met, became friends & employees of some very "big, well known, & important people." I simply ran into them, once on my route, or through social media. I'm talking household names. So yes, there must be something "special" about me for that to happen to a Long Island Courier who never seeked these people out at all, or anything. Never looked for fame-don't go out much. Call it "fate" I guess. 

Your feelings are correct.If you feel you are special then you are.You should always trust your feelings.I am special too.I am a genius.Perhaps you are as well.All special people are.

No, nothing in particular special.

You need to be unique. But how do you recognize it? Are the university profesors good enough to confirm your uniqueness? They can be only polite and hide that they look down upon you. The only thing how you can awake is their anger expressed openly. But this anger can be sometimes unjust, because it is caused by something else which is not connected with you. Then you start to look for perfect university profesor. Someone equal to God. Or perfect partner.

I suppose that you are vulnerable like me. Don't want to be special.

I have this rare ability called common sense that most people dont have. It allows me to make sane judgments and helps keep me alive.