CoolR asked in Consumer ElectronicsTVs · 8 months ago

Can you help me turn my Vizio TV back on?

I bought a new Vizio SmartCast TV on November 24. It was working fine up until today when it cut off and I’ve been trying to turn it on for the last 3 hours. I unplugged it, switched outlets, made sure it was properly connected and nothing has worked! The light indicator is still lit, so I know it does have power, it is just not turning on.

Is there anything else I could do? 

Take it back to the store to exchange for one that works.

It needs a hands-on examination by a qualified technician. 

You could check the remote batteries, or to see if the remote is functioning you can use your smartphone camera. Point the remote front at the camera (it doesn't need to be too close), press the ON button on the remote, you should see a purplish flashing light from the front of the remote. If that is there, batteries or the remote are OK.

If the TV was bought new, you must have warranty. USE it.

In 2006 my new (4 month) Vizio gave a thunderous crack sound and went black.  A tech replaced all the boards inside.

Later I sold it to a friend.  While a satellite TV tech plugged it in while still on, it gave a pop and went black.  Had to be fixed at their cost.

Later I bought it back from my friend after it went black again.  I had to fix the lamp power supply capacitors (not easy, but not hard).  Works fine now.

Just to give you an idea why I buy Samsung HDTVs now.

After ruling out the external problems (check the batteries in the remote too) all you have left is the internal ones. Yes, sometimes they just go poof within days of buying it. Take advantage of the warranty or return policy.

Unplug it and leave it unplugged for a good while.  If that standard reset doesn't work, don't fool with it.  Since it was that recently purchased, take it back.

I would take it back to the place of purchase trade it in, have it fixed or get a refund.

No I cannot as I am not physically within your dwelling and will not ever be unless im tryna rob you