Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 2 months ago

What is the best way for us moral people to stop gay marriage?

My name is Opel and we are a strong Christian family. While we are very glad to have a moral president in the White House for once, we are disgusted that marriage is being allowed between sinful homosexuals in violation of the Lord's laws. We want to make sure a constitutional amendment is enacted to permanently ban it in our Christian nation. What more can we do? My granddaughter and I have been going door to door to get signatures as well as invite people to our church where they tell the truth about this disgusting, horrible lifestyle, but what else can I do?

Same sex marriage is the law of the land, Opel. It has been since June 2015, by a decision of the Supreme Court. Even if you could by some miracle get the type of amendment you want through Congress, it would still need to be ratified by the legislatures of two thirds of the states- and that's highly unlikely to happen.

Being gay isn't a crime, at least not any more. It used to be, but that was before all the sodomy laws were overturned by the Supreme Court in 2000. LGBT people are allowed to serve in the military, too- that has been true for 9 years now. It's no longer a crime to be gay in the armed forces. And it was CONGRESS- the same Congress that you want to petition- which brought this about by repealing "Don't Ask, Don't Tell"- a law that was passed in 1992 and signed by then president Bill Clinton. Clinton later admitted that he regretted signing the law, and that he knew it would harm hundreds of thousands of otherwise innocent military personnel, but he felt compelled to do it by the pressures of the time.

I wish you luck in your quest, because I seriously doubt it will succeed. Same sex marriage has now become an accepted part of American society and life, and we are far from the only nation in the world where it is legal. Canada permits it, and there are numerous countries in Europe that also allow it.

There's nothing wrong with being gay. It's just that people like you seem to think it's necessary to abuse them just for existing. Existence isn't a crime. Besides, don't they say "God is supposed to love everyone?" So if you claim that God hates gays, wouldn't that make him a bigot, as well as many of his followers? (This is coming from an atheist BTW, which there's also nothing wrong with)

Well, you have the right to petition against it just like they had the right to petition for it.  However, immorality has a life of it's own and it's between them and God if it's sinful. I agree that it's immoral but then again many things are immoral that we have to accept although you dont have to accept it in your personal life.

You are a poor excuse for a Christian. Site for us where the New Testament spells that out. Do not site the Old Testament because if you do we will expect you to also sacrifice your firstborn today. I mean after all isn't that in there??

• Edna

If you claim to be a  Christian, then I suggest you read your Bible a little more closely. No where in the New Testament in the Bible does Christ say one word about homosexuals - neither for, nor against.  isn't it written: "Judge not, lest ye be judged". 

LOLLOL - you think the current occupier of the White House is 'moral'??

The only way to 'stop' this, if it can be, is to make sure who you vote for.   But good luck with that.   We had a PM in the UK who was Conservative (which should have meant tradition prevented gays actually marrying).   Hah!  Fact is he went for the gay vote and allowed gay marriage.    I'm not a practising Christian these days but I resent what I saw as the meaning of the word being allowed between two of the same gender.  And THAT belittles my traditional Christian marriage!!

What two people do in the privacy of their homes is their business, but for me marriage is a step too far.  Civil Ceremony by all means, to protect the legal aspects of living together but that's all.    And I do not want to be seeing PDOFA between two of the same gender everywhere on my TV.   Why should I have to be reaching for the off button all the time!

• SnowFlake

You obviously having read the Bible too much give us that reading

Those are your opinions.  Not facts.  You keep your prejudices to yourself, no one here wants to hear this rubbish.  Go try this nonsense, see what happens when you do.  You cannot violate others rights by going door to door, its a good way however to get arrested.  Moron.

Blah blah blah blah

Not even clever trolling.

i dont think theres anything we can do to stop it, i dont like it either

• Jill

Mind your own business Opel. 

Wish we could ban hateful trolls like you.