can i connect a dell computer to an asus monitor?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes, but with some restrictions:

Video port or ports on each item must be able to transfer the signal.

If the video hardware in the computer cannot make the highest accepted video resolution of the monitor, you will be stuck watching in lower resolution than you may want.

Source(s): I have 6 brands of monitors (Samsung, Dell, Acer, GEM, Viewsonic, KOGi, some HDTVs) , 4 brands of computers (HP, Dell, Lenovo, home built). I change them around as I need to, within the above limitations.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Yes why wouldn't you be able to.... just make sure they have the same ports ie. HDMI or DisplayPort

• 2 months ago

yes, of course, you can connect any brand of the computer with any monitor.

• YKhan
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Yes, as long as they have the same connectors, such as HDMI, DVI, or DisplayPort.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Yes of course. Just as long as both your monitor and PC have the same video ports, it should be fine. I'm using my HP Omen laptop with a 24" Dell monitor through HDMI. Works perfectly fine.

• Tommy
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Yep. I have an Acer monitor connected to my HP computer.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Yes is the short answer as long as each have the same input and output ports OR you have the proper cables.

• ...Show all comments
    • Boris 24
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Check video output from computer and video input to monitor.They should be the same:HDMI or DVI

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.