why are JW are using the name of god ?

jews culturally banned the use of the name of god in conversations and in writings. so why they use the name god ?

29 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 days ago

By using God's name we grow closer to him and helps us to have a closer relationship to our loving father Jehovah God.

• 1 week ago

THE churches of Christendom have generally avoided using God’s name. In contrast, Jehovah’s Witnesses are proud to be called by God’s name and to honor it. (Read Psalm 86:12; Isaiah 43:10.) Also, we feel honored to understand the meaning of God’s name and to know how important it is for his name to be made holy. (Matthew 6:9) To help us never forget what an honor it is to know Jehovah, let us consider three important questions: What does it mean to know God’s name? How has Jehovah shown that he is worthy of his great name? And how can we “walk in the name of Jehovah”?

Source(s): Honor Jehovah’s Great Name - https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/402013206?q=us...
  • 1 week ago

Romans10:13

How will they call on him if they don’t know his name

• Michael
      Lv 6
      1 week agoReport

Honor Jehovah’s Great Name - https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/402013206?q=us...

• 1 week ago

What is God’s name?

Our family members all have personal names. Even pets have names! Wouldn’t it be reasonable for God to have a name? In the Bible, God has many titles, such as God Almighty, Sovereign Lord, and Creator, but he also has a personal name.—Read Isaiah 42:8.

Many translations of the Bible contain God’s personal name at Psalm 83:18. For example, in the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures, that verse says: “You, whose name is Jehovah, you alone are the Most High over all the earth.”

Why should we use God’s name?

God wants us to use his personal name. We use personal names when we talk with those we love, such as our close friends—especially if they invite us to do so. Should it be different when it comes to talking with God? Furthermore, Jesus Christ encouraged the use of God’s name.—Read Matthew 6:9; John 17:26.

However, to be God’s friend, we need to know more about him than just his name. For instance, what is God like? Is it really possible to get close to God? You can find the answers to those questions in the Bible.

If you would like have more spiritual questions answered straight from your own bible please visit the website www.jw.org. Here you can view or download pdf, video or audio files on a variety of subjects, all of which are bible based. You can also enjoy a personal free online bible study course in the convenience of your home at a time convenient for you, and EVERYTHING is completely free of any charges.

Attachment image
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Otto
    Lv 7
    1 week ago

True Christians have a commission from Jesus Christ to make disciples of people of all nation. When teaching these people, how would it be possible to identify the true God as different from the false gods of the nations ? Only by using His personal name , as the Bible itself does. -  Matt. 28:19,20; 1 Corinthians 8:5,6.

Read also  Exodus 3:15, and Isaiah 12:4.

• 1 week ago

John 17:26: “[Jesus prayed to his Father:] I have made your name known to them [his followers] and will make it known, in order that the love with which you loved me may be in them and I in union with them.” 

Do you have a close relationship with anyone whose personal name you do not know? For people to whom God is nameless he is often merely an impersonal force, not a real person, not someone that they know and love and to whom they can speak from the heart in prayer. If they do pray, their prayers are merely a ritual, a formalistic repetition of memorized expressions. 

True Christians have a commission from Jesus Christ to make disciples of people of all nations. When teaching these people, how would it be possible to identify the true God as different from the false gods of the nations? Only by using His personal name, as the Bible itself does . JEHOVH GOD

• Michael
      Lv 6
      1 week agoReport

Honor Jehovah’s Great Name - https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/402013206?q=us...

• Alan H
    Lv 7
    1 week ago

Jesus suggested Father 

• Michael
      Lv 6
      1 week agoReport

Honor Jehovah’s Great Name - https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/402013206?q=us...not Father

• BJ
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

Because Jesus used his fathers name.

Jesus declared in prayer to his Father: “I have made your name known and will make it known.” John 17:26

He stated: “I have come in the name of my Father” Joh 5:43; he taught his followers to pray: “Our Father in the heavens, let your name be sanctified” Mt 6:9);

his works, he said, were done “in the name of my Father” Joh 10:25; and, in prayer on the night of his death, he said he had made his Father’s name manifest to his disciples and asked, “Holy Father, watch over them on account of your own name” Joh 17:6, 11, 12, 26

. In view of all of this, when Jesus quoted the Hebrew Scriptures or read from them he certainly used the divine name, Jehovah.

Jesus would undoubtedly have pronounced God’s name on numerous occasions when he read, quoted, or explained portions of the Hebrew Scriptures containing that important name.

Jesus would thus have used God’s name just as freely as all the prophets did before him.

Jesus plainly stated: “I have come in the name of my Father.” He also stressed that his works were done “in the name of his Father.” In fact, Jesus’ own name means “Jehovah Is Salvation.”

• Michael
      Lv 6
      1 week agoReport

• Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

Jews never banned the name of God and they forgot how to pronounce it so they decided it was sacred and stopped saying it.  I do not now what name the JW's are using and put on here so we can help with more information if possible...

• Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

Ask them why they "are" "are" using a counterfeit name for God.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.