Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsRunning · 2 months ago

Does this sound like a running injury?

I run 5-8 miles per day for 10 years. Other than minor injuries now and then never had any big problems. But suddenly my right leg hurts so much that I have no choice but to stop running. This happens after only about 2 miles of running and has happened every day for a week. It almost feels like my leg is about to fall off or something. It even hurts to just walk. 

I have to soak in epsom salt just to be able to walk pain free. Then it happens again when I run.

Does this sound like any injury you've heard of?

2 days ago

Were your shoes springy enough for the hard concrete?

You need to describe where abouts the pain is exactly, it does sound like an injury if it is stopping you from running and you should rest it until you feel no pain on any run, maybe go to a physio and start thinking of incorporating a stretching routine into your run

• .

See your doctor. It would not be odd at all for you to have some type of injury due to years of of running daily, but then it could be due to something else. As others mentioned, if it is a clot it could be serious (if it were to move). See your doc asap.

There isn't enough information for us to say, even if we were medically qualified. You need to consult a physician.

• Speed

I agree with oldprof. The possibility of a DVT is real enough that I think you need to see your doctor pretty soon.

If your leg is feeling heavy during the pain, you might have DVT...a clot in your lower leg vascular system. In any case, go see your MD; you need pro help, not Answers.