New LED TV hurting my eyes?

I just upgraded my TV from a 55" lower end Samsung LED TV to a Sony X800 Ultra HD LED. Doesn't seem to matter how I adjust it, it hurts my eyes. I've turned the brightness down to almost nothing (the TV has no backlight adjustment), and changed the picture type, but it's still killing my eyes. Great picture, but it feels like it's frying my pupils. Is there a solution, or just go back to a non Ultra HD TV?

your illnesses in the way of digestion mentioned years ago, have bearing on sensitivity to light I opine

some food,,food dye,chemical you ingest, breath in absorb might be the culprit

medicine is years behind the simple concept  that ; you are what you eat',,some out there among the millions can eat anything that does not eat them first,a smaller percentage get reactions in every organ system,

unless you show classic symptoms of food allergy,,like doing the chicken on the floor breathing shut down etcetc,

chronic fatigue gets many of the latter in middle age years,while the rest of their pals are still jumpinbeans of energy

the tv trade it visit an upscale used audio place,or drop by best buy to look at the screens that are in your price range,go over the controls,etcetc,,  someone out there sells crystal  clear vinyl with a light and color damper,,like singlasses,,you tape it carefully on the screen,maybe a non adhesive stickum type backing which uses static electricity to adhere to the screen glass,

I know someone who got a new Computer monitor (CRT to LCD) and the new TV gave him headaches.  When is the last time you had an eye exam?

Start by setting the gray scale using a setup disc 

(DVD or BD; $20 to $50).  

Follow the instructions to the letter. 

Be patient and careful. 

An hour or two of effort should greatly improve the image quality 

and reduce the problem you describe. 

After that, get a daylight (5400K to 6500K) light source 

that can be placed behind the TV or otherwise near it 

but not where you can see the source directly. 

It should produce about 10% of the brightness of an all-white screen. 

If you need help, call in a home theater installer. 

It’s probably nothing to do with the LED, but the black frame insertion that LEDs have been using to smooth motion.

I personally am not effected by it, however some people can notice it and it can bother their eyes.

Sony is great at being able to be customized with not only picture settings, but motion as well. So I would go into the picture settings and turn off the MotionFlow settings. See if that helps at all.

• get an older crt tv.

You should look for further picture setting options, such as warm light or yellow light options, as opposed to bright white settings.

thats what LED does and you had a trash samsung that didnt work properly apparently