How likely is it that a person can have celiac disease and not know it or have no symptoms?
- 2 months ago
Will probably depend on severity (1) and age (2) of the person.
(1) A teacher I knew had it severely - like if she had a salad with 10 ml of sauce that contained wheat then she'd be violently ill for hours. A lady I worked with though could tolerate traceable amounts like chocolate.
(2) The co-worker wasn't diagnosed until like her 40's.and showed no symptoms until about then
- PearlLv 72 months ago
i think it can happen, sometimes ive wondered if i had it cause of a wheat allergy
- formerly_bobLv 72 months ago
Very likely. Some people with celiac disease will get vague digestive symptoms whenever they eat food with gluten. But with the majority of people with celiac disease, symptoms aren't noticeable until the disease does considerable damage to the intestines. It can take decades for symptoms to arise in many people. Its easily detected with a blood test long before symptoms may show up.
- SnowFlakeLv 72 months ago
- What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
- Anonymous2 months ago
Yes I am sure but not sure so I don't know.