if you can get faulty towers on dvd, would they have edited it?

i would like to get faulty towers boxset on dvd to watch on my windows 7 desktop computer,  but in our times of political correctness, would they have made any edits to it? thus spoiling the series?

i know these tv manufacturers sometimes make edits and cuts to tv shows they put on dvd now, due to political correctness and 'outdated speech'....like they have to a lot of old tv shows, its a shame.

Favorite Answer

I've had both series of Fawlty Towers via Digital Download from the iTunes store since at least 2011 I think it must be, and doesn't seem to be any reductions in length on the versions available for download now (including the episode with the major using the word w*g + the one that rhymes with rigger)

• darkmere 1048 A.D

they need to edit those racist terms, so i agree with editing it there.

Great series, the whole collection in on dvd.

• JASON

There seems to be a period where they warn you about a program having outdated views, then it gets to as point where they just never show it again. I hope they don't actually delete these things. They happened, and historians need to know about them. The same goes for Top of the Pops episodes with Jimmy Saville, they show the ones he doesn't appear in, but there are bands playing either side of his introduction that will never get shown. These things are precious.

If you go on eBay right now there is an original copy it's pre-owned for about $12.50 I don't know if the remastered version which is on eBay has been changed but the original is there right now if you go

I have all the Benny Hill box sets and nothing was altered. Why would they try to make FT PC? Nobody would buy it.

If you look on the BBFC site it should state if the episode/s has been cut or edited for release when it was classified. 

And it's Fawlty Towers.

https://bbfc.co.uk