Why would a man marry a woman and then sleep with an escort only 3 weeks later?

He's probably getting something out of the marriage unrelated to love or sex, such as money, social position or the facade of respectability that comes with marriage. Meanwhile his heart and soul really isn't in this marriage and so he still seeks out the kind of sex he really wants (the kind where you pay so you can dictate how the scene goes and not worry about a partner's satisfaction).

There are some men who think its OK for to cheat, like the guy in the wedding singer. He has good income, and once or twice a month he can either get an escort, or pick someone up. But would be outraged if you did it. 1 of my 5 sisters dated a guy like that for a few months. The really only thing he had going for him self was arrogance, and confidence. Other then that he was a jerk. In fact he was married, and separated from his wife of 15 years., and thinking I might be like Donald Trump, he bragged about sleeping with a lot of women, during his marriage. Once pointing out at the bar my sister worked at a handful of women he slept with before he met my sister. Telling me which ones who were so easy I could hit on them and go home with them that night. But later after one of the divorce court dates, he went off how much he hated his wife for leaving him and cheating on him. Saying it was the worst thing a woman can do to her husband by breaking the marriage vols. Something she promised before God and our families. In his mind only a woman can cheat. A man sleeping with another women does not mean the same. Others might cheat both men and women for many reasons. Not that it is right. But life can get complicated. And if you and your partner neglects each other, Or one or both works too much spend too much time with the kids. and forgets to keep the intimacy going. You might be tempted to cheat.

He doesn't have to invest anything in the escort. Sounds like he wasn't ready for marriage.

• Rick

Maybe he didn't find the sex very satisfying.  It's hard to know why since there could be many reasons for it happening.  If this happened to you, talk to him about it to learn why it happened.

jerk..................................

• Lee

A ford escort? What year and is it the cosworth edition?