Do you agree with Elvis Presley being called the king of rock and roll?

As talented as I think he was, I personally wouldn’t give him that title over someone like Paul McCartney. What’s your opinion?

Definitely. I do! 

• Mikey

Not even a little.

Elvis was good, but was just a good copy of the true King Of Rock And Roll ,Cliff Richard

Rock and Roll came to preeminence at the same time Elvis took over the charts. He made Rock and Roll THE most popular genre of music in the world. So, YES, he deserves the title.

• Tony B

It's not really up to you or me to decide. Elvis has  been known as “the King of rock 'n' roll” or just “the King” since the 1950s and it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks - that's what HE is known as.

Are you serious about Paul McCartney? You really think that he should be called, “the King of rock 'n’ roll? Really?

• Killmouseky

Much more deserving of it than the fat dead guy.  But then, so were Chuck Berry, Little Richard, & a whole bunch of others.  

• John

It's just not something that keeps me awake nights.  King of Anything unless there's an actual crown involved is just an honorarium.  You should learn this.

• PAMELA

I would give chuck berry that title, not paul, their music was not rock and roll, it was pop.

• Killmouseky

Yeah, sure.  "Pop music."  Try taking as listen through their catalogue instead of spending your time writing inanities.    

The Answer Is Yes! Elvis Presley Is The True King Of Rock And Roll

• He's very overrated. He stole black music. I think Little Richard is the real King of Rock and Roll.

• David

Yes, and the Beatles including Paul McCartney were influenced by the talents of Elvis Presley.