rsh asked in Food & DrinkNon-Alcoholic Drinks · 9 months ago

Sugar in sweet tea buffers the caffeine? I cant feel any caffeine when drink sweet tea.?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • denise
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Sorry, it does not work that way!

• 9 months ago

I feel it just fine in sweet tea or sweetened coffee.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

You won't “feel” caffeine in tea. Tea contains very little caffeine. If caffeine is present, adding something else, like sugar, won't have any effect.

I'm afraid that it's become fashionable to be affected by caffeine. This is something that was unknown maybe twenty years ago. Certainly, drinking coffee immediately before bed can make it difficult for some people to sleep but this silly idea that a person can immediately feel the effects of the tiny amount of caffeine in a beverage is nonsense.

• 9 months ago

Sugar blocks caffeine

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 months ago

That's because there isn't a lot of caffeine in tea there is 26 mg of caffeine per 8 oz of tea. Verses about 200 mg of caffeine for the same amount of coffee. If you're drinking tea to get caffeine it's not going to work half as good as just having a cup of coffee

• 9 months ago

No, it doesn't. Some may choose to also add sugar, lemon, or other sweeteners before drinking. However, this doesn't change the caffeine content by much since these ingredients would only add slightly more volume to the drink

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.