Why do people still buy GM's vehicles when they are so bad?

Case in point...The Chevy Cruze.

• John

Lots of people are adamantly ignorant.

They are not bad. If they are bad then why do people still love GM and why do GM make Military vehicles and Police vehicles and other utility vehicles?

• That's bs.  I bought an 05 Chevy Suburban 1500 with a 163,000 miles. I bought it in 2012. I've changed the starter, brakes,  valve cover gaskets, alternator and spark plugs. End of story.  I'd rather push a Chevy than drive a Ford. **** just got real.

• zipper

This is news to me, I never had a GM give me less than 200,000 miles service except a VEGA: That was a piece of junk!  I think your information is all wet! or from FORD!

Let's see.  They had a Ford F-150 before and they had to pay $3000 to get the plugs replaced because they were broken inside the head.  So they bought a Toyota Corolla but the engine had a sludge problem and the engine seized.   They then bought a Nissan but the CVT destroyed itself.  So they bought a Dodge but it would not start every other day.  They got a Honda Civic but the sunroof exploded and the airbag light was always ON.  They also had a Jeep but nobody could fix a Check Engine Light (P0300) so it failed the smog test.  The last car was a Subaru but it drank a quart of oil every 500 miles.  So they got fed up and bought a Tahoe.  180k miles so far and all they had to replace was a left tie rod.

Every car manufacturer makes an economy model. Buy a better vehicle if you don't like the base units.

My GM Pontiac's have been great cars. I have driven Grand Prix's and Bonneville's with the 3.8 liter supercharged motors and you'd have to spend a ton of money to find a car with that much power, that many options, and low maintenance.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech
  • John

I bought my daughter a new Malibu because that is what she wanted and no complaints so far.

Found On Road, Dead

Fix Or Repair Daily