Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationBuying & Selling · 9 months ago

Can I return a recently purchased car?

so i just bought a honda civic at the honda dealership. i got it for a lease, but i want to return because it's just too much of payment and i got it for a price really high. Do you know if you can return a car that was purchased for lease, it hasn't even been 24 hours since i bought it

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Jay P
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Of course you can return it to the dealer.

But the dealer won't be under any obligation to take the vehicle back or cancel the deal unless it is specifically written into the contract that you have a return window.

• Bort
    Lv 6
    9 months ago

This is a question for the dealer, you should explain your concerns and be firm on your decision that you don't want this car because they will try doing everything they can to talk you in to keeping it (so they continue to get paid). Insist strongly they tell you what the return policy is. Insist you don't want it, you want to return it, how do you do that.

There is such a thing as lemon laws but I don't think they apply to this. They're laws that enforce a car sale to be voided if the purchaser finds issues with it within a certain amount of days of having it and lets them return it without penalty, and the seller is required by law to take it back. If it's a new car and nothing's wrong with it other than you don't like it and it's too expensive for your budget lemon laws don't apply.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

YES, BUT IT IS GOING TO COST A LOT OF MONEY TO DO, unless the contract you signed has a provision allowing you to return the vehicle for no charge within a certain period of time. These days, that type of contract clause is very rare.  

READ YOUR CONTRACT, including all the fine print

LIKE YOU SHOULD HAVE IN THE FIRST PLACE.FAIL

• 9 months ago

Depending on where you live, maybe

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 9 months ago

Buying or leasing automobiles is not at all like buying a shirt at Walmart. There is no return policy unless the dealer provided you one, in writing, which is very rare. The lesson to be learned here is that when you are making a serious expensive purchase like a car, you take the time and effort to thoroughly research it BEFORE you buy. Making immature impulsive buying decisions will cause you problems in your adult life.

• JetDoc
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

READ the contract you signed when you took possession of the car. There are no "buyer's remorse" provisions for most automobile sales.

• 9 months ago

What does the contract say?

• 9 months ago

You're going to lose your *** doing that jojo.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

Read the lease contract.  And act quickly.

• 9 months ago

Yep. If there was the 72 hour clause.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.