Soundproof window?

If I put a couple layers of plastic sheeting over my window will this not only help keep the cold air out but help keep outside noise out as well? 

small effect, but yes to both

Any time sound waves transition from one medium to another, the intensity is reduced. The effect probably won't be as much as you wish. Something with more mass will be more effective for sound.

try finding some half or qtr inch thick styrofoam,,cut to fit over the window pane snugly,tape it in,then tape clear plastic over the entire window and casement

Sound travels through air, so if you can reduce that you will have some effect on sound transmission, but don't get your hopes up. It would need to be well-sealed to be effective. Heavy, lined curtains would be my choice.

Perhaps marginally, but nothing of any real consequence.

nope, you have no idea how physics work

That won't measurably help with either problem.