Why is my dad such a coward for at stopping a crime?

Today when me and my dad were leaving Shoppers Drug Mart, I saw a man causing an alarm when he was leaving the store and I thought he was causing a robbery so I decided to call him out on it. This caused my dad to get upset when me and called me out on my mental disorders, so I belittle by telling him what if this man was a robber and let him escape. Guess what he decided to say to me afterwards? He decided to give me a cowardly lecture by telling me if you value your lives more, let the robber get away because you don't know what he might do to you. In my perspective, I would rather die stopping a robber then let a robber get away as a hopeless human being!

• Fred

You made the statement, "I thought he was causing a robbery"?

AND! You later add, "IF this man was a robber"! 

That means ..You are not positive about what you witnessed!  And you use unsure language twice in describing  the situation!

Your 'dad' is no "coward",  knows your behavior, and obviously 'stood up' to YOU!

And in all probability prevented you from getting yourself  into DEEP SH*T!  

He seems to be quite spineless. He would rather do nothing just in case something might happen, then to take action and have some sort of risk. No different from someone who stays in their house all day just to avoid a car accident or whatever.

• sophia

what could Walmart possibly sell, that would be worth risking your life to stop a robber? your dad isn't as coward you just haven't given it enough thought. your dad knows more about life than you do. so from now on ears open and mouth shut!!!

Not worth losing your life over stuff.  Particularly stuff that doesn't belong to you in the first place.  You should probably go into anger management therapy if you feel the need to fight and risk your life over something that has nothing to do with you.

• Chanel

Many people do not want to get involved with a situation like this in case there are consequences.

Your Dad is right and you sound nuts.

Your Dad was smart and not being a coward.   If this was a real armed robbery and you had interfered with it, you could very well have been killed.  There are times when somebody thinking they are doing the right thing has brought them tragedy. 

I stopped the hamburglar once.